Opt-In Rules and Regulations
- If you have successfully opted-out in the past, the college will revise your student account and you will not be charged the Health and Dental Plan fee for the following years. Therefore if you do not have alternative benefits anymore, you have 31 days from the loss of your alternative benefits to inform the Student Association front office to reinstate the student Health and Dental Plan.
- Students who have opted-out in the past and are returning to George Brown College for a new program or school year have their student Health and Dental benefits reinstated during the initial semester of your program or school year.
- If you have had reinstated the plan in the past, it does not mean that you will be automatically reinstated on the plan for the next year. You should come to the Student Association front office every year to reinstate your plan.
Opt-in Instructions for the Health and Dental Plan
- Pick up a Rescind Waiver form at any Student Association front office during the 1st week or at the very beginning of the initial semester for your program or start date.
- Fill out the Rescind Waiver form and attach a letter from your previous Health Plan provider or employer which clearly states your name and the expiry date of your previous Health Plan.
- Return the Rescind Waiver form at any Student Association front office with the letter from your previous Health Plan provider or employer, before the deadline. The deadline for the fall semester is the first week of October, and for winter semester, it is the first week of February.
- Once you submitted the Rescind Waiver and the letter from your previous Health Plan provider, the Student Association will review your application and will inform you whether or not your application is approved. If your application is approved, you will have to pay the Health and Dental Plan fee to the Student Association as your George Brown College invoice was not billed. The fees may vary depending on what term that you are in.
Locations where you can pick the Rescind Waiver form
- St. James Campus: Room 147 (Student Association)
- Casa Loma Campus: Room E100 (Student Association)
- Ryerson Campus: SHE614 (SHE Building)
- Waterfront Campus: 033 (Concourse Level)
Health Benefits Hotline: 416-415-5000 ext. 2443