Opt-Out Information for International Students
If you already have alternate health insurance that offers the minimum required coverage under our plan, you can be refunded the Health Plan fee.
Opt-out procedures for the Medical Services coverage
- The student must complete and sign the Waiver Application Form available at the Student Association front office. Student Association staff will assist you with submitting the correct information on the Waiver Application Form.
- The student has to fax the completed waiver form to the student’s insurance company. The official representative of the student’s insurance company must complete and sign the form. By completing and signing the Waiver form, the insurance company overseas agrees that any cost and liability for the student will be shouldered and paid for by that insurance company.
- A copy of the English policy from the insurance company must be attached to the completed and signed Waiver form.
- These two documents once completed must be faxed to the Student Association front office at 416-415-4719 or 416-415-2491.
- The student needs to ensure that the Student Association receives their waiver application from their insurance company. The student’s insurance company is responsible to send the completed waiver application and English policy before the opt-out deadline. Any documents that are received after the opt-out deadline will not be accepted.
Please note that any Application of Waiver forms which are not completed properly or have missing information or signatures will not be able to be accepted. Additionally, we are unable to accept any waiver applications faxed directly by the insurance company without the above process being completed.