Kushagra Manchanda moved from Delhi to Toronto to pursue his passion and higher studies. Having a business background, it has always been an attractive future prospect to explore which motivated him to undertake his current business diploma in Marketing. Passionate about alleviating the current situation of international students, he has found this platform to be a perfect outlet to do so. He has been an active member of Student Leadership Academy (SLA) & International Student Ambassador Programs.
• Increase number of paid internships by partnering with more employers
• Increasing hours of operation for Peerconnnect.
• Help students to integrate themselves in the Canadian culture by organising and promoting events like the International Smart Start.
• Increase number of workshops at Peerconnect concentrating on students with English as a second language.
• Have more settlement and immigration workshops.
• Increasing number of organic and vegan food options in the Cafeteria.
• Increase awareness among the students about college and community scholarships.
• Be a passionate and convincing voice for all student problems.
1) What motivated you to run for this position?
Being a foreign student myself, I empathize with the difficulties faced by my fellow friends. My main motivation comes from the problems that I came across when I came as an international student myself to Canada, which I would not want any other individual to face.
2) What relevant experience do you feel qualifies you for this position?
I have always been involved in several college events and workshops like the International Smart Start and leadership camp organised by the Student Association. Apart from this I have been working for the College library and volunteering with various organisations like TIFF and Harbour Front Centre.
3) If elected, list three primary goals you wish to accomplish during your term.
• To advocate decreasing tuition fees for international students.
• To generate more on and off campus jobs
• Provide students with college awards and scholarships
4) What are your main areas of interest in relation to your particular campus or program?
During my tenure at George Brown College, I have noticed my growing interest in marketing, public relations, event management and leadership workshops.
5) George Brown is a diverse college — in what ways would you strive for representation of ALL students?
Coming from a country where there’s a saying “Anekta main Ekta” which literally translates to “Unity in Diversity”, I understand the concept of diversity and multiculturalism very well and it would be my top most priority to manage this college a one united diverse family.