We listen. We care. We act.
The Community Action Centre (CAC) is a safe(r) space for George Brown College students who care about social justice issues and each other. A space to share experiences, dream up ideas, skill-build, socialize, raise awareness of equity issues, and cultivate community.
It’s also the centre for six equity “student/community groups,” which work both together and independently to prioritize supports for traditionally marginalized students. Currently represented groups are:
• Black Students’ Group
• First Nations, Inuit, Metis Students’ Group
• Disabilities Students’ Group
• International/Racialized Students’ Group
• LGBTQ Students’ Group
• Women & Trans Students’ Group
• Community Centre: a safer space for hanging out and socializing.
• Events programming: staff are busy throughout the year planning events, workshops, and discussion groups on issues relevant to the groups.
• Campaigns and advocacy: a space to vision and ignite social justice campaigns that serve marginalized communities.
• Referrals and peer support: a safer space for connecting and discussing with your peers, and a space to share and access resources.
• Library and resources: a growing social justice alternative library.
The CAC also stocks free condoms, lubes, and menstrual products.
St. James campus
200 King Street East, Room 165B
Winter Hours: Monday to Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Casa Loma campus
142 Kendal Avenue, Room E124
Winter Hours: Monday to Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
51 Dockside Dr., Room 031
Thursdays 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.